Electronically digitized by the Palos Verdes Library District, from the Palos Verdes Homes Association Photograph Collection held in the Local History Room. Copyright status must be investigated before publishing or commercial use. To obtain permission and images for publication purposes please contact the Palos Verdes Library District.
Image shows view of the south façade of the Palos Verdes Golf Club. A group of people is standing near the triple-arched entranceway at left, with several automobiles visible in the foregound. Eucalyptus groves are visible in background at left. The two-story, eleven-room Spanish-style clubhouse is located at 3301 Via Campesina in Val Monte. The golf course, which was designed by George C. Thomas Jr. and built by William P. Bell, opened on November 15, 1924, with landscaping designed by the Olmsted brothers. Date Built: 1924 Photo Source: Palos Verdes Homes Association Citation: Palos Verdes Bulletin, February 1925, p. 8. PVH building permit #22.
1 photographic print (b/w); 7.5 x 9.25 in.
pvld:2717 bar code: 000026567 negative number: 640
Palos Verdes Golf Club (Palos Verdes Estates, Calif.) Country clubs--California--Palos Verdes Estates Clubhouses--California--Palos Verdes Estates