Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Title supplied by cataloger. The library and its collections were built by William Andrews Clark, Jr., a prominent collector and philanthropist. He donated the collection, buildings, and property to UCLA on his death in 1934. It is a rare books and manuscripts collection, with particular strengths in English literature and history (1641-1800), Oscar Wilde, and fine printing. The library, designed by Robert D. Farquhar, was constructed from 1924 to 1926. Clark's house was torn down in 1971 to make room for a parking lot. A view of the William Andrews Clark Memorial Library at 2520 Cimarron Street, a brick building with classical French and Italian influences. Decorative molding surrounds the circular windows and around the recessed arch. On the left is William Andrews Clark's residence.
1 photographic print :b&w ;26 x 21 cm. Photographic prints
00078452 SecurityÂ Pacific National Bank Collection L.A.-Libraries-William Andrews Clark Library CARL0000081409 http://220.127.116.11/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/112398
University of California, Los Angeles William Andrews Clark Memorial Library Library buildings--California--Los Angeles Special libraries--California--Los Angeles Farquhar, Robert D Clark, William Andrews,1877-1934