Caption: "Stanley Park Vancouver B.C.," c. 1908-1912. Shows a pond with central fountain, surrounded by lush vegetation including evergreen trees. A group of people stands at the pond's edge in the distance. The City of Vancouver opened Stanley Park in 1888. The 405-hectare park is even now thickly forested, and remains Vancouver's largest park. It is located on the northern edge of the city, surrounded on three sides by Vancouver Harbor and English Bay.