This image may be protected by Copyright Law (Title 17 U.S.C.). Copyright restrictions applying to the reproduction and use of this image are available from the Sacramento Public Library.
Mel's, an abandoned service station at 1215 Second Street, bears the legend "Moved to 7451 Auburn Boulevard" hand-painted on the garage door. The gas pumps are still in place and a car is parked near the pumps and there are several cars parked along the street, but there are no people. Taken circa 1960.