Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
City officials of Huntington Park, pictured clockwise from the upper center are: Mayor Hollis M. Peavey (4 years of service), Councilman Elmer E. Cox (12 years of service), Councilman Wandell W. Schooling (6 years of service), City Clerk William P. Mahood (14 years of service), City Treasurer William H. Boss (20 years of service), Councilman Jonathan J. Hollibaugh (6 years of service), and councilman Richard G. Schulz (12 years of service). In 1901 a pair of developers by the name of A.L. Burbank and E.V. Baker came to control a 100-acre tract of land called Sunrise Tract that had once belonged to the prosperous Lugo Family. Burbank and Baker subdivided the land and changed the name of the development to La Park. In 1902 they enticed Henry Huntington to extend a line of his Pacific Electric Railway to and through their land and granted Huntington a right-of-way for his railway along what is now Randolph Street; they re-named their development Huntington Park. On August 20, 1906 the vote to incorporate Huntington Park as its own city passed 77 to 17. Eleven days later, on September 1, 1906, a population of 526 residents was officially established and recognized as The City of Huntington Park.
1 photograph :b&w Photographic prints
00072338 SecurityÂ Pacific National Bank Collection Huntington Park-Personalities.; A-011-983 4x5 CARL0000076652 http://220.127.116.11/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/114853
Huntington Park City Hall (Huntington Park, Calif.) City council members--California--Huntington Park Mayors--California--Huntington Park Portrait photographs Huntington Park (Calif.)