Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Title supplied by cataloger.; Image printed on sheet with view 5. This is the seat of one of the most highly respected Reform congregations, founded in 1862 as Congregation B'nai B'rith. Designed in the Byzantine Revival style by architects A.M. Edelman, S. Tilden Norton, and David C. Allison, this Temple was dedicated in 1929. Its richly ornamental interior features black marble, gold inlay, fine mosaics, rare woods, and Biblically-themed murals created by art director Hugo Ballin. The Temple was entered in the United States Register of Historic Places in 1984. Scaffolding surrounds the Wilshire Boulevard Temple, located at 3663 Wilshire Boulevard, during its construction.
1 photographic print :b&w ;10 x 12 cm. on sheet 26 x 21 cm. Photographic prints
00081613 SecurityÂ Pacific National Bank Collection N-003-422.6 4x5; L.A.-Synagogues-Wilshire Boulevard Temple CARL0000080554 http://220.127.116.11/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/111776
Wilshire Boulevard Temple (Los Angeles, Calif.) Synagogues--California--Los Angeles Domes--California--Los Angeles Building construction--California--Los Angeles Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monuments Byzantine revival (Architecture)--California--Los Angeles Streets--California--Los Angeles Edelman, A.M Norton, S. Tilden Allison, David C Ballin, Hugo,1879-1956 Wilshire Boulevard (Los Angeles, Calif.)