Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Once the home-away-from-home for actors, rock stars, dignitaries, and numerous celebrities, including F. Scott Fitzgerald, Rudolph Valentino and Albert Einstein. The Ambassador opened in 1921 on the site of a former dairy farm. Renowned architect Myron Hunt designed the massive 500-room hotel. It occupied 23.7 acres at 3400 Wilshire Boulevard, bordered by Wilshire Boulevard, 8th Street, Catalina Street, and nearly to Mariposa Avenue. The landmark hotel was demolished between late 2005 and early 2006. View of the famed hotel's huge two-story bungalows. Photo dated September 8, 2004.
1 photograph :col. Photographic prints
00063175 Gary Leonard Collection; Los Angeles Photographers Collection; GPC_b36_f2_i16 CARL0000067969 http://22.214.171.124/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/118995
Ambassador Hotel Hotels--California--Los Angeles Bungalows--California--Los Angeles Lost architecture--California--Los Angeles Gary Leonard Collection photographs Hunt, Myron,1868-1952