Please contact the contributing institution for more information regarding the copyright status of this object.
Photo of the Burbank Courthouse parking structure and the sculpture "Burbank Evolves" taken shortly after their construction in 1994. The finished 30-ton cast-concrete "Burbank Evolves," dedicated in August 1994, portrays a history of Burbank from 1542 to 1942. According to the Los Angeles Times, the work was created by Tony Sheets in six weeks at a cost of $27,000. It was funded by the city's Art in Public Places Ordinance requiring new commercial, industrial or public projects of more than $500,000 to spend at least 1% of their budget for public art. "Burbank Evolves" is part of the $3.2-million 500-space Burbank Courthouse parking structure at the corner of 3rd St. and Angeleno Ave., which opened in May 1994.
nonprojected graphic 3½ x 5 color print
islandora:1240 local: pub00032
Burbank (Los Angeles County, Calif.)--Parking facilities--Sculpture--Public sculpture--Public art--Streets--Traffic signs and signals--Streetlights--Automobiles--1990s