Electronically digitized by the Palos Verdes Library District, from the Palos Verdes Homes Association Photograph Collection held in the Local History Room. Copyright status must be investigated before publishing or commercial use. To obtain permission and images for publication purposes please contact the Palos Verdes Library District.
Image shows view looking northeast at the west and south façades of the Palos Verdes Golf Club. The newly-constructed Ladies' Sun Parlor (finished by March 1925) is visible at left, with several automobiles in the parking lot. A bank of clouds is visible in distance. The two-story, eleven-room Spanish-style clubhouse is located at 3301 Via Campesina in Val Monte. The golf course, which was designed by George C. Thomas Jr. and built by William P. Bell, opened on November 15, 1924, with landscaping designed by the Olmsted brothers. Date Built: 1924 Photo Source: Palos Verdes Homes Association PVH building permit #22; sun room addition, permit #36.
1 photographic print (b/w); 7.25 x 9 in.
pvld:2692 bar code: 000026617 negative number: 299
Palos Verdes Golf Club (Palos Verdes Estates, Calif.) Country clubs--California--Palos Verdes Estates Clubhouses--California--Palos Verdes Estates