This image may be protected by Copyright Law (Title 17 U.S.C.). Copyright restrictions applying to the reproduction and use of this image are available from the Sacramento Public Library.
Shown in circa 1925 is McKinley Park's Lake Kiesel. To the right of the frame is the plam tree-lined Palm Lane. The lake stood as the remains of Burns Slough which, at one time, ran through the park from northeast to southwest, taking on the title Burns Creek. In 1910, the slough was diverted into a channel that ran south along Thirty-Third Street and west along H Street to Thirty-First Street.