This project was supported in whole or in part by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian Made accessible through a grant from the John Randolph Haynes and Dora Haynes Foundation and Photo Friends
Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Newhall, named after businessman Henry Newhall, is the southernmost and oldest district of Santa Clarita. Prior to the 1987 consolidation into the city of Santa Clarita, it was an unincorporated town. Photograph caption dated August 30, 1957 reads "Gas company officials and Sheriff Eugene Biscailuz, right, turn on valve opening new natural gas transmission line from Needles to Newhall. It will carry equivalent of 735 tank cars capacity every 24 hours. From left are F. S. Wade, chairman of board, Southern California Gas Co.; G. W. Wadsworth, president and general manager of Southern Counties Gas Co.; F. M. Banks, president and general manager, Southern California Gas Co., and Biscailuz."
1 photographic print :b&w ;19 x 16 cm. Photographic prints
00136163 Valley Times Collection HCNVT_d043_f8_i2 CARL0005619812 http://18.104.22.168/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/65823
Biscailuz, Eugene W.,--1883-1969 Southern California Gas Company--Presidents Southern California Gas Company--Employees Southern Counties Gas Company (Santa Ana, Calif.)--Presidents Men--California--Newhall Sheriffs--California--Los Angeles County Valves Natural gas pipelines--California--Newhall Signs and signboards--California--Newhall Newhall (Calif.) Santa Clarita (Calif.) Portrait photographs Group portraits Valley Times Collection photographs