Skip to main content

Image / Leaking gas causes home explosion

Have a question about this item?

Item information. View source record on contributor's website.

Leaking gas causes home explosion
Alternative Title
Los Angeles Herald Examiner Photo Collection
Howell, E. Bruce
Date Created and/or Issued
Contributing Institution
Los Angeles Public Library
Los Angeles Public Library Photo Collection
Rights Information
Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at for additional information.
Title supplied by cataloger.
Charles Harrison of 614 W. 108th Street stares through an opening in the kitchen of his home. The house suffered an explosion attributed to leaking gas. Photograph dated January 16, 1971.
1 photographic print :b&w ;25 x 17 cm. on sheet 26 x 21 cm.
Photographic prints
Herald Examiner Collection
HE box 41
Men--California--Los Angeles County
Explosions--California--Los Angeles
Gas-pipes--California--Los Angeles
Dwellings--California--Los Angeles County
Kitchens--California--Los Angeles
Unincorporated areas--California--Los Angeles County
Athens (Los Angeles County, Calif.)
Los Angeles Herald-Examiner photographs
Herald-Examiner Collection photographs

About the collections in Calisphere

Learn more about the collections in Calisphere. View our statement on digital primary resources.

Copyright, permissions, and use

If you're wondering about permissions and what you can do with this item, a good starting point is the "rights information" on this page. See our terms of use for more tips.

Share your story

Has Calisphere helped you advance your research, complete a project, or find something meaningful? We'd love to hear about it; please send us a message.

Explore related content on Calisphere: