An aerial view of Burdette Field, located at 9401 S. Western Avenue in Los Angeles. Burdette Field was home to the famous stunt team, "The Black Cats", a company of Los Angeles-based stunt pilots in the 1920's. The Burdette School of Aviation was established in 1925 by Burdette Fuller and partner Jack Frye to create a base for Burdette Airlines. Eventually Fuller sold the field to Jack Frye, who founded Aero Corp, which later became TWA. Charles Dycer bought the field from Jack Frye in the late 1920s, renaming the field Dycer Airport. Photo dated: February 26, 1928.