Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Title supplied by cataloger. Clifford Clinton, founder of the Clifton's chain, opened L.A.'s first cafeteria, The Cafeteria of the Golden Rule, at 618 S. Olive Street. In 1939, the cafeteria was transformed into the Pacific Seas and redecorated in a Polynesian motif with floral wallpaper, fake flowers and palm trees, baskets, and the Rain Hut. The restaurant closed in 1960 and was later razed. Dressed in period costume, Mabel Anderson, Blanche Hart, and Inez Harrison (from left to right) are shown in the Garden of Meditation at Clifton's Pacific Seas Cafeteria. Mabel is using a loom and Blanche is reading.
1 negative :safety ;12 x 14 cm. Photographic safety negatives
00088886 Lucille Stewart Collection; Los Angeles Photographers Collection GPC_b13_f2_i33_N CARL0005008596 http://18.104.22.168/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/123647
Clinton's Restaurants Inc. (Los Angeles, Calif.) Women--California--Los Angeles Restaurants--California--Los Angeles Cafeterias--California--Los Angeles Lost architecture--California--Los Angeles Downtown Los Angeles (Los Angeles, Calif.)