Sonoma County Library > Sonoma County Library Photograph Collection > Stone building and wood frame house at 100 Valparaiso Street, Cotati, California, about 2006

Image / Stone building and wood frame house at 100 Valparaiso Street, Cotati, California, ...

Have a question about this item?

Item Information. View source record on contributor's website.

Title
Stone building and wood frame house at 100 Valparaiso Street, Cotati, California, about 2006
Contributor
Backstage Library Works, 533 East 1860 South, Provo UT 84606 http://www.bslw.com)
Date Created and/or Issued
2006
2007
2009-06-02
Contributing Institution
Sonoma County Library
Collection
Sonoma County Library Photograph Collection
Rights Information
Owned by Sonoma County Library.
The Sonoma County Library makes no assertions as to ownership of any original copyrights to digitized images and can claim only physical ownership of the image(s) described in this records. However, these images are intended for Personal or Research use only. Any other kind of use, including, but not limited to commercial or scholarly publication in any medium or format, public exhibition, or use online or in a web site, may be subject to additional restrictions including but not limited to the copyrights held by parties other than the Library. USERS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE for determining the existence of such rights and for obtaining any permissions and/or paying associated fees necessary for the proposed use. Preferred credit line is: Courtesy, the Sonoma County Library. Please see additional reproduction and reuse information at https://sonomalibrary.org/locations/sonoma-county-history-and-genealogy-library/order-photo .
Description
Front of house showing front entry
Property owned by Fred and Kate Savage after it was subdivided by the Cotati Land Company from the original Thomas S. Page holdings in 1893. The Savages operated it as a chicken ranch with a feed mill. Fred Savage sold it to Kate Savage in 1910, who sold it to John Edward Kessing in 1916. Clarence Eales bought the property around 1930 and continued the poultry operation, during which time Eales became general manager of the Poultry Producers of Central California. Later owners include Irvin and Dessie Sloat, who established a worm and mushroom farm, and Dr. and Mrs. Hans Albertson, who operated their Alpine Pet Hospital on the property. The house, considered to be the oldest in Cotati, burned down under suspicious circumstances on June 8, 2009. The stone structure also destroyed by fire in Sept. 2009. For more information, see Press Democrat articles dated June 9, 2009 and Sept. 18, 2009, both articles are on page B1.
GNIS
Exact geocoding
17
Title supplied by cataloger.
Original digital photograph taken ca. 2006. Print made on Feb. 19, 2007
Sonoma County Advertising Grant (2008-2009)
Grant provided to the Sonoma County Library through the Sonoma County Advertising Program
High resolution master image (600ppi)
Grayscale
Adobe Photoshop CS Windows
Type
image
Format
1 photographic print
20 x 26 cm.
image/jp2
80740352
image/tiff
8
600
Uncompressed
5764
4647
Identifier
Sonoma Heritage Collection -- Sonoma County Library
1162185
cstr_pho_033929
ANNEX PHOTO 33929
37565006067051 (ANNEX PHOTO 33929)
33929.tif
435623445
http://heritage.sonomalibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15763coll2/id/16605
Subject
Color photographs
Cities, Towns and Settlements
Eales, Clarence
Savage, Fred, 1862-
Savage, Kate, 1863-
Kessing family--Homes and haunts
Savage family--Homes and haunts
Poultry Producers of Central California
Cotati (Calif.)--History
Architecture, Domestic
Historic buildings
Poultry farms
Time Period
2001 - 2010
Place
United States
California
Sonoma
Cotati
Valparaiso Avenue
Valparaiso Street
100 Valparaiso Street, Cotati, California
38.321215,-122.70224
Relation
Sonoma County Library photograph collection GUIDE
Sonoma County Library photograph collection

Explore related content on Calisphere: