Electronically digitized by the Palos Verdes Library District, from the Palos Verdes Homes Association Photograph Collection held in the Local History Room. Copyright status must be investigated before publishing or commercial use. To obtain permission and images for publication purposes please contact the Palos Verdes Library District.
Image shows view looking west at the triple-arched loggia entrance along the north façade of the Palos Verdes Golf Club. Flagstone steps, retaining wall and pathway are visible in foreground. The two-story, eleven-room Spanish-style clubhouse is located at 3301 Via Campesina in Val Monte. The golf course, which was designed by George C. Thomas Jr. and built by William P. Bell, opened on November 15, 1924, with landscaping designed by the Olmsted brothers. Date Built: 1924 Photo Source: Palos Verdes Homes Association Citation: Palos Verdes Bulletin, January 1925, p. 6. PVH building permit #22.
1 photographic print (b/w); 7.25 x 9.25 in.
pvld:2659 bar code: 000026906 negative number: 695
Palos Verdes Golf Club (Palos Verdes Estates, Calif.) Country clubs--California--Palos Verdes Estates Clubhouses--California--Palos Verdes Estates Arcades (Architectural components)