For more information on copyright or permissions for this image, please contact the Honnold/Mudd Library Special Collections at http://libraries.claremont.edu/sc
Preparing the ground for the foundation of the building. This photograph was used in a November 1952 Pomona College newsletter with the following caption: "Ground is broken west of Frary Hall, for the new men's dormitory, Walker Hall, named for the late Mrs. Helen R. Walker, of Glendale, whose generosity made the building possible. Though Mrs. Walker had never been on the Pomona campus she was strongly sympathetic to the aims of Pomona College and ideals of its alumni. The dormitory and lounge will be in use by the fall of 1953."