This project was supported in whole or in part by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian Made accessible through a grant from the John Randolph Haynes and Dora Haynes Foundation and Photo Friends
Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information. http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/UND/1.0/
Holy Cross Hospital was founded by the Sisters of Holy Cross and was originally slated to be built in Panorama City. It was eventually built at 15031 Rinaldi Street in Mission Hills and opened in 1961. In 1996 the Sisters of Providence acquired the hospital and renamed it Providence Holy Cross Medical Center. Photograph caption dated March 18, 1958 reads "Discussing construction program for new 200-bed Holy Cross Hospital to be built in San Fernando Valley are, from left, the Rt. Rev. Msgr. Thomas J. O'Dwyer, department of health and hospitals, Archdiocese of Los Angeles; the Rev. Russell Hensley, West San Fernando Valley Ministerial Association, and John B. McLendon, hospital industrial committee chairman. Gordon A. Friesen, Washington, D.C., hospital consultant, addressed kickoff luncheon attended by Valley industrial business leaders."
1 photographic print : b&w ; 21 x 26 cm.
00156011 Valley Times Collection; HCNVT_d060_f18_i20 http://18.104.22.168/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/129307
O'Dwyer, Thomas J Providence Holy Cross Medical Center (Los Angeles, Calif.) Clergy Men Hospital administrators Architectural drawings San Fernando Valley (Calif.) Portrait photographs Group portraits