This image may be protected by Copyright Law (Title 17 U.S.C.). Copyright restrictions applying to the reproduction and use of this image are available from the Sacramento Public Library.
The Sutter Club, located at the northwest corner of Ninth Street and Capitol Avenue, is shown in this 1997 photograph. Founded in 1889, the group moved into the pictured structure in 1930. It was designed by local architect Charles Dean.