This project was supported in whole or in part by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian Made accessible through a grant from the John Randolph Haynes and Dora Haynes Foundation and Photo Friends
Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Campo de Cahuenga was an adobe ranch house where the Treaty of Cahuenga was signed between Lieutenant Colonel John C. Fremont and General Andres Pico in 1847, ending hostilities in California between Mexico and the United States. The original structure was demolished and a replica adobe ranch house was built by the City of Los Angeles following preservation efforts by the San Fernando Valley Historical Society. The new building was dedicated on November 2, 1950. It is now a park and interpretive center managed by the city's Parks and Recreation Department with the Campo de Cahuenga Historical Memorial Association. Photograph caption dated January 14, 1958 reads "North Hollywood Rotary Club president O. H. 'Mike' Pratt, right, welcomes Marion Sparrow, supervisor of Valley District, Department of Recreation and Parks, and Mrs. William A. Allen, guest speakers for club's program honoring 111th anniversary of signing of Treaty of Cahuenga at Campo de Cahuenga in North Hollywood."
1 photographic print :b&w ;21 x 26 cm. Photographic prints
00146884 Valley Times Collection HCNVT_d056_f30_i23 CARL0005891968 http://184.108.40.206/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/74315
North Hollywood Rotary Club--Presidents Los Angeles (Calif.).--Department of Recreation and Parks--Officials and employees Men--California--Los Angeles Women--California--Los Angeles Municipal officials and employees--California--Los Angeles Campo de Cahuenga (Los Angeles, Calif.) North Hollywood (Los Angeles, Calif.) Portrait photographs Group portraits Valley Times Collection photographs