Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Modeled after Holmby St. Mary's Church near Dorky, Surrey, England, the church was designed by English architect Arthur Edmund Street and built by local architect Ernest Coxhead. The cornerstone was laid on April 20, 1889. Until 1899 this area of Pasadena was known as Garvanza. Horse and buggy with Mrs. Josephine van Rossen, sons, Adrian and Walter, and governess Mina Hamilton are in front of the Church of Angels in Pasadena. The church's stain glass window and bell tower are clearly visible.
1 photograph :b&w Photographic prints
00019780 Security Pacific National Bank Collection Pasadena-Churches-Church of the Angels; S-000-187 4x5 CARL0000025093 http://18.104.22.168/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/89496
Church of the Angels (Pasadena, Calif.) Church buildings--California--Pasadena Architecture--California--Pasadena--English influences Towers--California--Pasadena Horse-drawn vehicles--California--Pasadena Dirt roads--California--Pasadena Coxhead, Ernest A.,1863-1933 Garvanza (Calif.) Pasadena (Calif.)