Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
The University Club was founded in this building at 913 South Broadway on March 27, 1898, in the home of Russ Avery. This corner is seen in 1892, when the first Eastern stores were founded by Adolph Sieroty, later the location of the Eastern new height-limit home.
1 photograph :b&w Photographic prints
00047652 SecurityÂ Pacific National Bank Collection L.A.-Organizations-University Club.; N-002-522 5x7 CARL0000051406 http://22.214.171.124/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/102213
Sieroty, Adolph Avery, Russ University Club (Los Angeles, Calif.) Dwellings--California--Los Angeles Clubs--California--Los Angeles Associations, institutions, etc.--California--Los Angeles