Please contact the contributing institution for more information regarding the copyright status of this object.
The original Federal Telegraph laboratory in Palo Alto [Channing Street and Emerson Avenue], with arrows on negative pointing to the Old Lab, Factory, and New Lab. This image is similar to others of the early lab, but includes a large antenna mast on the corner of the property. Original note on reverse: "Palo Alto - where land mark was placed" [Birth of Electronics landmark] Additional note, which may have been transcribed from elsewhere: In old lab, August 1912, the most important experiment since the birth of the 3-element tube was completed - the feed-back circuit and the amplifier submitted to West Elect. A bronze monument should commemorate place & date.
Federal Telegraph Company Laboratories Vacuum-tubes--History (LCSH) Houses Perham, Douglas M