Rights are owned by California State Railroad Museum. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owner. In addition, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by terms of gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.
View looking northeast. The brick Blacksmith Shop was constructed in 1870. In 1927 the south portion of the Blacksmith Shop was widened and reconstructed. This view probably dates from 1939 when the north end was widened to align with the 1927 remodel, and when the walls were covered with concrete. Powerhouse stack is in the middle. Planing Mill, situated east to west, is at rear. Brick wall of Car Shop 3 is to right. Original measurements: 1 photographic print; 8 x 10 in.
California State Railroad Museum Library and Archives The California Revealed Project is supported by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian.