Materials from the Caltech Archives are made available online for research purposes. Permission for reproduction, distribution, public display, performance, or publication must be obtained in writing from the Head of Archives. The Caltech Archives makes no representation that it is the copyright owner in all of its holdings. It is the responsibility of the user to obtain all necessary rights and clearances for use of materials. For questions, contact Head of Archives.
Originally the High-Voltage Research Laboratory, constructed in 1923, the old doorway is surmounted by two males figures engaged in the production of electricity. The building was renovated and renamed in 1960. April 1965