This image may be protected by Copyright Law (Title 17 U.S.C.). Copyright restrictions applying to the reproduction and use of this image are available from the Sacramento Public Library.
Golden West Motors Company officials pose within the concern's very first truck, unveiled during a celebratory christening on July 1, 1914. Its General Manager was Mark L. Burns while its Corporate Counsel was Fred A. Sloss. The company had been 15 months in the making with its name being chosen from a citywide contest. Golden West was located on Seventh Avenue, one block west of Riverside Boulevard.