Please contact the contributing institution for more information regarding the copyright status of this object.
Full-page ad for the grand opening of Orchard Supply's new location at 720 West San Carlos Street, San Jose: "March 1, 1931, with a membershp of 155, the Orchard Supply officially opened for business at 230 Bassett St. In 1933 we moved to 44 Vine St. The Orchard Supply now opens in its new quarters at 720 West San Carlos St. with a membership of 931. The Orchard Supply is a cooperative, serving its own members and the general public. A board of nine directors is elected by and from the members each year. The new structure will enclose one of the most modern Hardware Stores in California. It has 26,000 square feet of floor space, and is heated with radiant heat. The lighting system is the newest and most efficient obtainable. The site includes 3 1/2 acres, and has parking facilities for 500 cars and trucks."
Orchard Supply Hardware (San Jose, Calif.) Hardware stores (LCSH) Businesses--California--San Jose Advertisements (LCSH) Nineteen forties (LCSH)