Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Title supplied by cataloger. The studios, which were originally constructed in 1919, provide stage facilities to television and movie production companies. General Service Studios (now known as Hollywood Center Studios) became the tenant in the 1930s; Frances Ford Coppola purchased the lot in 1980, and sold it in 1983. Today, the Hollywood Center Studios do not give public tours, but the public is admitted to the lot as part of studio audiences for television tapings. Birdseye view of General Service Studios (mid-photo), located at 1040 N. Las Palmas in Hollywood; view is looking southwest. It is bordered by Seward Street (lower left corner); Santa Monica Boulevard (right corner); Las Palmas Avenue (upper right), and Romaine Street (upper left). Photograph dated 1956.
1 negative :safety ;12 x 14 cm. Photographic safety negatives
General Service Studios (Hollywood, Los Angeles, Calif.) Motion picture studios--California--Los Angeles Broadcasting studios--California--Los Angeles Sound studios--California--Los Angeles Streets--California--Hollywood (Los Angeles) Hollywood (Los Angeles, Calif.)--Aerial views Hollywood (Los Angeles, Calif.) Aerial photographs