This image may be protected by Copyright Law (Title 17 U.S.C.). Copyright restrictions applying to the reproduction and use of this image are available from the Sacramento Public Library.
This 1907 view of the Governor's Mansion at Sixteenth and H streets comes from the northwest. Built in 1877, the building was sold to the State of California in 1903 by then resident Jospeh Steffens. The Legislature appropriated 50,000 for the purchase and improvement of the structure. It ceased operating as the Governor's residence in 1967. In the foreground runs H Street.