Electronically digitized by the Palos Verdes Library District, from the Palos Verdes Homes Association Photograph Collection held in the Local History Room. Copyright status must be investigated before publishing or commercial use. To obtain permission and images for publication purposes please contact the Palos Verdes Library District.
Image shows view looking southwest of the north and east façades of the Gardner Building (La Casa Primera), dedicated on September 13, 1925. Landscaped planter is visible in foreground, with signpost that reads, "Malaga Cove Plaza" at far right. The Gardner building, built by W.W. Gardner, was the site of the first classrooms, which opened September 8, 1925, and library in the community. Date Built: 1925 Photo Source: Palos Verdes Homes Association