Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
John and Donald Parkinson designed the 1929 Bullock's Wilshire, located at 3050 Wilshire Boulevard, which was designated Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument #56 in 1968. The porte cochere, or motor court, is the main entrance to the store. The Southwestern Law School acquired the building in the mid-1990s. Looking west down Wilshire Boulevard, showing Bullock's Wilshire (left), a glimpse of the Ambassador Hotel (background, left), and various businesses.
1 photograph :b&w Photographic prints
00059204 SecurityÂ Pacific National Bank Collection L.A.-Shops and stores-Department stores-Bullock's Wilshire; N-002-847.2 8x10 CARL0000063057 http://18.104.22.168/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/104792
Bullock's Wilshire (Department store) Ambassador Hotel Seaboard National Bank (Los Angeles, Calif.) Streets--California--Los Angeles Art deco (Architecture)--California--Los Angeles Department stores--California--Los Angeles Hotels--California--Los Angeles Automobiles--California--Los Angeles Bank buildings--California--Los Angeles Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monuments Wilshire Lanterns Lost architecture--California--Los Angeles Parkinson, Donald B.(Donald Berthold),1895-1945 Parkinson, John,1861-1935 Wilshire Boulevard (Los Angeles, Calif.)