Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Exterior view of the Covina Public Library, a Classical Revival style structure, designed by Franklin P. Burnham. In 1904 the city requested library building grant funding from Andrew Carnegie, and $6,000 was initially offered, but $8,000 was given in April 1905. Before the building opened in late 1905, an additional $1,000 was added for furnishings, and the building was dedicated December 4, 1905 with a public reception. The building served as Covina's public library until 1962, when it was demolished and replaced by another building. At the time of the photo, library directors were: E.H. Lahee, President; A.P. Kerckhoff, J.L. Matthews, W.P. Watts and C.F. Clapp.
1 photograph :b&w Photographic prints
00072651 SecurityÂ Pacific National Bank Collection Covina-Libraries-Covina Public Library; A-009-116 4x5 CARL0000075972 http://18.104.22.168/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/114918
Covina Public Library Libraries--California--Covina Public libraries--California--Covina Carnegie libraries--California--Covina Neoclassicism (Architecture)--California--Covina Lost architecture--California--Covina Lahee, E.H Kerckhoff, A.P Matthews, J.L Watts, W.P Burnham, Franklin P Clapp, C.F Ingersoll, Luther A Covina (Calif.)