Exterior view of a residence, located at 16021 East Gale Avenue, originally in Puente, but now within the limits of City of Industry. Built in 1855 and initially owned by John Rowland, the home was remodeled by J.W. Hudson, Rowland's son-in-law, in 1897. At the time this photograph was taken, the residence was owned by Rowland's grand-daughter, Lillian Hudson Dibble. Photo dated: May 1954.; John Rowland (1791-1873) along with William Workman (1799-1876) obtained the title to the 48,790-acre Rancho La Puente. Each man built houses and together they established a successful ranching and farming business. Approximately nine years later in 1851, they decided to split their property, with Rowland taking about 29,000 acres on the east and Workman receiving the 20,000 acres on the west.