Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Title supplied by cataloger. This is the seat of one of the most highly respected Reform congregations, founded in 1862 as Congregation B'nai B'rith. Designed in the Byzantine Revival style by architects A.M. Edelman, S. Tilden Norton, and David C. Allison, this Temple was dedicated in 1929. Its richly ornamental interior features black marble, gold inlay, fine mosaics, rare woods, and Biblically-themed murals created by art director Hugo Ballin. The Temple was entered in the United States Register of Historic Places in 1984. Exterior view of the Wilshire Boulevard Temple, located at 3663 Wilshire Boulevard.
1 photographic print :b&w ;21 x 26 cm. Photographic prints
00081616 William Reagh Collection; Los Angeles Photographers Collection A-005-455 4x5 CARL0000080556 http://188.8.131.52/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/125093
Wilshire Boulevard Temple (Los Angeles, Calif.) Synagogues--California--Los Angeles Domes--California--Los Angeles Byzantine revival (Architecture)--California--Los Angeles Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monuments Streets--California--Los Angeles Parking lots--California--Los Angeles Sidewalks--California--Los Angeles Lampposts--California--Los Angeles Wilshire Boulevard (Los Angeles, Calif.) Edelman, A.M Norton, S. Tilden Allison, David C Ballin, Hugo,1879-1956