Early adobe home located at the corner of New High and Ord Streets in Sonora Town, it was built between 1850 and 1860. It shows a New England influence; its Georgian door and window frames were brought from that section by ship. This dwelling became a restaurant named El Adobe Cafe. The part of the city called "Sonora Town" was an old adobe village north of the Plaza and Church of Our Lady, Queen of the Angels. It was Los Angeles' first Mexican quarters, or barrio. The area was named for the numerous miners and families who came from Sonora, Mexico, and may have still been around in the 1930s. Now it is Los Angeles' Chinatown District. Photo dated: May 29, 1936.