Electronically digitized by the Palos Verdes Library District, from the Palos Verdes Homes Association Photograph Collection held in the Local History Room. Copyright status must be investigated before publishing or commercial use. To obtain permission and images for publication purposes please contact the Palos Verdes Library District.
Image shows rear view of the Eulogio J. ("Jack") Carrillo residence located on Via Campesina, where it crosses Via Pinale (also given the address of 2521 Via Pinale, onto which the house's back entrance faces), on lot 1, block 1621, tract 6885 in Malaga Cove. View looking northeast from Via Pinale (in foreground) shows single-story, Spanish-style stucco house with tile roof and chimney, which was the first home built in Palos Verdes. E. J. Carrillo was chief engineer of the Shattuck and Eddinger Construction Company, and brother of actor Leo Carrillo. The house, awarded an Examiner Prize, was later owned by Mrs. R. H. Harms (1929) and R. A. Niccolls (1930). Date Built: 1924 Photo Source: Palos Verdes Homes Association Citation: Palos Verdes Bulletin, September 1930, p. 6. PVH building permit #13.