Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Two years before Beverly Hills became an incorporated city, the Beverly Hills Hotel opened on May 12, 1912; the hotel initially included the main building and twenty-three separate bungalows in the Mediterranean Revival style, designed by Elmer Grey. In the 1940s, a new wing was added to the east side of the main building. Eighty years after it opened, the hotel closed for two and a half years for a complete restoration. The hotel was named the first historic landmark in Beverly Hills on September 12, 2012. Driveway leading to the portcochere at the Beverly Hills Hotel, located at 9641 West Sunset Boulevard.
1 photograph :b&w Photographic prints
00019522 Security Pacific National Bank Collection Beverly Hills-Hotels-Beverly Hills Hotel CARL0000023124 http://188.8.131.52/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/88838