Materials in the Department of Archives and Special Collections may be subject to copyright. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, Loyola Marymount University does not claim ownership of the copyright of any materials in its collections. Please refer to: http://library.lmu.edu/generalinformation/departments/digitallibraryprogram/copyrightandreproductionpolicy/
In 1923, the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary first established an all-girls school in Los Angeles. Marymount School moved to a new campus on Sunset Boulevard in Westwood and opened a two-year junior college in 1933. In 1948 the school became Marymount College of Los Angeles and first granted baccalaureate degrees. Marymount College was relocated to the Palos Verdes campus in 1960. Loyola University and Marymount College partnered with St. Joseph College of Orange began affiliation in 1968, and officially merged into Loyola Marymount University in 1973. Title supplied by cataloger.
1 photograph: black and white
Centennial_00081 Prints 1B13/2 http://digitalcollections.lmu.edu/cdm/ref/collection/atrium/id/1244
Student activities College students Marymount College (Los Angeles, Calif.)