This image may be protected by Copyright Law (Title 17 U.S.C.). Copyright restrictions applying to the reproduction and use of this image are available from the Sacramento Public Library.
This evening photograph, taken in circa 1941, shows the art deco-style splendor of Stan's Restaurant at 1735 Stockton Boulevard. Opening in 1934, the Stockton Boulevard location was Stan Burke's first, with two more at 2705 Del Paso Boulevard and 1600 K Street opening in 1941 and 1943, respectively. It was the restaurant's mission, as stated in its motto, to provide "Particular Food For Particular People.