Title supplied by cataloger. Located at 800 N. Alameda Street, Union Station was designed by the father and son team of John Parkinson and Donald B. Parkinson, and opened in May 1939. The structure combines Spanish Colonial, Mission Revival, and Streamline Moderne styles with Moorish architectural details. It was named the Los Angeles Union Passenger Terminal (LAUPT) until Catellus Development officially changed the name to Los Angeles Union Station (LAUS). In 1980 it was added to the National Register of Historic Places, Building #8000081. It is Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument #101. The South Patio of Union Station where two people are seen on a bench in its park-like setting.
1 slide : color ; 5x5 cm. Photographic color slides
Union Passenger Terminal (Los Angeles, Calif.) Railroad stations Terminals (Transportation) Benches Trees Shrubs Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monuments Art deco (Architecture) Architecture, Spanish influences Downtown Los Angeles (Los Angeles, Calif.) Parkinson & Parkinson