Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Exterior view of George Carson and Victoria Dominguez' 2-story residence, which is located at the Dominguez Station of Rancho San Pedro (better known as Dominguez Ranch). In 1857 successful businessman George Henry Carson married Victoria Dominguez (daughter of Manuel Dominguez) and moved into this beautiful Victorian home perched atop a gentle hill and surrounded by acres of well-tended landscaping, where they lived until the early 20th century. The city of Carson, named after their son John Manuel Carson who was a key figure in the development of the South Bay in the 20th century, was incorporated as a city in 1968 when residents took to the polls and voted to do so by a margin of 2-1. On the same day, the citizens chose to name their city Carson over the name Dominguez.
1 photograph :b&w Photographic prints
00073582 Security Pacific National Bank Collection Carson. CARL0000076411 http://220.127.116.11/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/115802
Architecture, Victorian--California--Carson Architecture, Domestic--California--Carson Dwellings--California--Carson Rancho San Pedro (Calif.) Carson (Calif.)