This image may be protected by Copyright Law (Title 17 U.S.C.). Copyright restrictions applying to the reproduction and use of this image are available from the Sacramento Public Library.
This circa 1950 photograph shows a horse-drawn Budweiser wagon resting outside of the Elks Temple at 925 Eleventh Street. To the right of the picture is a sign for the Top of the Town Restaurant, a fourteenth-floor eatery and lounge that provided customers with a 360-degree view of the Sacramento. The 2,200 square foot “sky room” served as a popular meeting place for politicians in the 1960s. It opened in the late 1940s and closed in 1970.