This project was supported in whole or in part by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian Made accessible through a grant from the John Randolph Haynes and Dora Haynes Foundation and Photo Friends
Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
PhotographÂ was edited for publication purposes Vincent de la Osa Adobe, built in 1849 by Don Vicente De La Osa, was a favored stopping place for the numerous travelers on El Camino Real. It stands on land that is a part of the one-square-league Rancho El Encino granted in 1845 by Governor Pio Pico to three Indians, Ramon, Francisco, and Roque, whose interests were purchased by Don Vicente. Originally the land was under the jurisdiction of Mission San Fernando Rey founded in 1797. Photograph caption dated October 23, 1961 reads "Shows model of Los Encinos project to Mrs. Carolyn Boniface." The article partially reads "Mrs. J. Earl Stewart's dream is the resotration of Los Encinos State Historical Monument, 16756 Moorpark St., Encino." Mrs. Stewart is president of the Encino Historical Society.
1 photographic print :b&w ;21 x 26 cm. Photographic prints
00125762 ValleyÂ Times Collection HCNVT_d030_f26_i37 CARL0005430848 http://220.127.116.11/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/57670
Vincent de la Osa Adobe (Los Angeles, Calif.) Encino Historical Society--Presidents Women--California--Los Angeles Civic leaders--California--Los Angeles Associations, institutions, etc.--California--Los Angeles Parks--Models--California--Los Angeles Models and modelmaking--California--Los Angeles Miniature objects--California--Los Angeles San Fernando Valley (Calif.) Valley Times Collection photographs Osa, Vicente de la