This image may be protected by Copyright Law (Title 17 U.S.C.). Copyright restrictions applying to the reproduction and use of this image are available from the Sacramento Public Library.
The east end of Capitol Park is visibile from the State Capitol Building's dome in this 1912 postcard. The structure to the left foreground in the California State Insectary, also known as the "bug house." Its primary purpose was to study and breed insects beneficial to sustaining agriculture. With the post-World War II advent of pesticides, the building became superfluous, eventually becoming a storage place for gardening tools. The park is bisected, left to right, by the Thirteenth Street walkway.