This image may be protected by Copyright Law (Title 17 U.S.C.). Copyright restrictions applying to the reproduction and use of this image are available from the Sacramento Public Library.
Single story structures house the Orangevale Department Store and Galen Jackson Appliances in 1950's Orangevale. A large residential structure lies between the appliance store and a Hancock gas station to the right. Barely visible is the sign for the Orangevale Public Market, located next door to the service station. One of the many palm trees that grow throughout the area stood in front of the buildings displaying signs for the businesses.