Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Grauman's Metropolitan Theatre opened in 1923, and became known as the Paramount Theater in 1929. It had two main entrances located at 323 W. 6th and 536 S. Hill. An additional entrance existed from 1923-1929 and was located in a building at 533 S. Broadway which was connected to that main structure by a bridge. The main building was demolished in 1962. Mural painting called "Princess of the Golden Kingdoms" can be found on the mezzanine level of the theatre.
1 photograph :b&w Photographic prints
00015146 SecurityÂ Pacific National Bank Collection L.A.-Theaters-Metropolitan. CARL0000003820 http://22.214.171.124/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/89918
Metropolitan Theatre (Los Angeles, Calif.) Motion picture theaters--California--Los Angeles Murals--California--Los Angeles