This project was supported in whole or in part by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian Made accessible through a grant from the John Randolph Haynes and Dora Haynes Foundation and Photo Friends
Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Architect G. Albert Lansburgh designed the Renaissance Revival style Warner Brothers Hollywood Theater, which opened in 1928. The office space on the upper floors of the building became KFWB radio studios, which used the two radio masts on top of the theater. The building has also been known as the Warner Cinerama Theatre and the Pacific Hollywood Theatre. In 1992 the building was designated Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument #572. Photograph caption dated March 25, 1957 reads, "Since the start of Cinerama in April, 1953, the Warner Hollywood Theater has chalked up 3,334 performances. Set of tickets for each performance weighs three pounds. All of which adds up to five tons of pasteboard handled by the treasurer. 'Cinerama Holiday' has just entered its 18th month. In picture above are Harold Purdy, Cinerama treasurer and assistant Carol Heatherington, who take an invoice of new shipment of reserved seat tickets."
1 photographic print :b&w ;26 x 21 cm. Photographic prints
00143851 ValleyÂ Times Collection HCNVT_d052_f26_i24 CARL0005837876 http://18.104.22.168/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/72832
Hollywood Pacific Theatre (Los Angeles, Calif.) Public relations--California--Los Angeles Mail sorting--California--Los Angeles Theaters--California--Los Angeles Tickets--California--Los Angeles Women--California--Los Angeles Men--California--Los Angeles Performances Hollywood (Los Angeles, Calif.) Valley Times Collection photographs Portrait photographs Group portraits