Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Funded by federal Community Block Grant funds and constructed in 1987 to the cost of $2.5-million, this library building is the second for the Wimington area. The first branch was a 1927 Spanish style, 3,700-square-foot facility located at 309 W. Opp Street. This new branch, located at 1300 N. Avalon Boulevard, is 10,800-square-feet, houses more than 30,000 volumes, offers seating for 60 people and includes a community meeting room. Photograph caption dated March 23, 1989 reads, "Library is on property that was once little more than marshland until early resident Phineas Banning came along."
1 photographic print :b&w ;21 x 26 cm. Photographic prints
Los Angeles Public Library.--Wilmington Branch Branch libraries--California--Wilmington (Los Angeles) Wilmington (Los Angeles, Calif.) Los Angeles Herald-Examiner photographs Herald-Examiner Collection photographs