This image may be protected by Copyright Law (Title 17 U.S.C.). Copyright restrictions applying to the reproduction and use of this image are available from the Sacramento Public Library.
The facade of the Leland Stanford Mansion at 800 N Street was captured with this 1955 photograph. Designed by San Francisco-based architect Seth Babson, and originally built in 1856 by Gold Rush merchant Sheldon Fogus, the home was eventually acquired by railroad mogul Leland Stanford. The spot was purchased by the State of California in 1978 to be used as a State Park.