Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional Information.
Located at 357 S. Hope Street on Bunker Hill and designed by Joseph C. Newsom, the home was built in 1891 for Rev. Edward T. Hildreth, a Congregational minister. Between 1946 and 1952, John & Mabel Haufe owned the home, renamed "Hopecrest," and lovingly restored it to its former glory. The structure has since been demolished and replaced with the Security Pacific Bank Building, later the Bank of America Plaza. An unidentified woman poses for a portrait on the grand staircase of "Hopecrest," commonly known as the Hildreth Mansion.
1 photographic print :col. ;9 x 9 cm. Photographic prints
00102784 John & Mabel Haufe Collection; Los Angeles Photographers Collection GPC_b046_f4_i3 CARL0005128799 http://22.214.171.124/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/126494
Hildreth Mansion (Los Angeles, Calif.) Women--California--Los Angeles Staircases--California--Los Angeles Interiors--California--Bunker Hill (Los Angeles) Dwellings--California--Bunker Hill (Los Angeles) Mansions--California--Bunker Hill (Los Angeles) Queen Anne revival (Architecture)--California--Bunker Hill (Los Angeles) Lost architecture--California--Bunker Hill (Los Angeles) Bunker Hill (Los Angeles, Calif.) Downtown Los Angeles (Los Angeles, Calif.) Portrait photographs Los Angeles Photographers Collection photographs John & Mabel Haufe Collection photographs Newsom, Joseph C